1- This journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
To facilitate this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. To help with this preparation please ensure the following when submitting to "Tahqiqāt-e Tārikh-e Ejtemā’i " (Social History Studies)
Peer Review Process in "Tahqiqāt-e Tārikh-e Ejtemā’i " (Social History Studies)
This is a process by which experts (as reviewers) evaluate scholarly the articles submitted to the journal. The objective is to ensure high quality published scientific results. However, peer reviewers do not make the final decision to accept or reject papers for publication. At most, they recommend a decision. The decision-making authority rests solely with The Journal editor and the journal’s editorial board. The Journal decision-making process includes as follow:
- Registration in the Journal’s website by the corresponding author and providing the full affiliation of all authors. Hereinafter, the paper with the proper format, as requested by the journal, can be submitted to the journal.
- After a paper is submitted to the journal, the Journal’s editor and/or a member of editorial board review the manuscript and decide to send it for full peer review whether or not. At this stage the paper may also send back to the author to reformat the paper or any other corrections (if any) to meet the minimum requirements of the Journal.
- Then two peer reviewers are allocated to review the manuscript. This is also done by the editor or by a member of the editorial board.
The peer review is a double blind process, which means that both the reviewers and authors identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
- The Journal’s editor considers the peer reviewers’ reports along with the evaluation form (completed by the reviewers) and make a final decision as follow:
a.If at least two reviewers recommend rejecting the paper, then the editor may reject the paper at this stage.
- If at least two reviewer requests a correction, then the paper is sent back to the author to provide corrections and/or appropriate responses to the reviewer’s comments.
- If one reviewer requests a major correction, and the other one reject, paper will send to 3th reviewer.
- As soon as the corrected version revision of the paper along with the responses to the reviewers’ comments are submitted to the journal (normally within two weeks), they will be checked by the editor and then are sent to one of the reviewers for final consideration and
- Based on the full peer review steps the final decision is made by the editorial board.
- If a paper is rejected, the corresponding author will be formally informed by the Journal administrative office.
- A formal letter of acceptance is issued by the Journal’s office for the accepted papers. This letter is sent to the corresponding author after the authors pay the paper process 4000000 Rial.
- The papers are published in the journal based on “first come first served” policy.
This Journal use Double blind peer review.
Preliminary evaluation< 10 days
The average time to complete the review process of articles in this journal is between 4 to 5 months.